PETsPoint is a social (plastic waste recycling) enterprise which leverages on aggregation of data driven technological designs to adopt a community recycling collection model with incentives, and in the long term recycle and manufacture high quality eco-friendly fashion fabrics from plastics. Our goal is to reduce the plastic waste challenge in Nigeria by 20.5% over the next 4 years. Our solution is projected to reduce the cost of logistics associated with collection. This will create economic empowerment, financial inclusion for the underserved and environmental sustainability. We are poised to create social impact and becoming the sector leader by proactively expanding the circular economy value chain in Nigeria.
Our Vision is to become one of the country’s top indigenous technology and data driven social enterprise in plastic waste management and control sector by 2028, through waste prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
Our Mission is to coordinate the redirection of waste products particularly plastic wastes through proper channels by recycling, innovating and recreating for economic value through citizens’ engagement towards achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on goals 12.5 and 13-Climate Action. In other words, we want to substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse by 2030.
What We Do ( steps)
Our main activities include, but are not limited to:
- We engage in citizen’s advocacy and outreaches campaigns to create awareness on the dangers of illegal dumping and the benefits of recycling starting with sorting from source.
- We collect PETS plastic waste bottles using incentives.
- We plan to bail and crush PETs plastic waste bottles.
- We plan to manufacture viable products (clean flakes, clean pellets, polyester yarns and fibre) from PET plastic wastes bottles.
- We plan to produce clothing apparels (footwear, sweatshirts, T-Shirts) from PET plastic wastes bottles.
- Schools Drive
- Communities/Estates Drive
- Corporate Drives
- Eateries Drive
- Event Centres Drive